How to Notarize Canadian Documents in the USA for Use in Canada
Many Canadians living in the USA often need to make certified true copies of their Canadian original documents for submission in Canada. They need to notarize them with a Canadian notary public for acceptance in Canada as notarizing by a U.S. notary public is not really a proper and legal way. They can either send their original documents to their friends or relatives in Canada for notarization in Canada or travel to Canada (or to a U.S.-Canadian border where there might be Canadian notary publics in cities and towns adjacent to the border).
However, there is yet another way that may be used by Canadians in the USA who either do not have anyone in Canada or do not intend to return to Canada in the nearest future. WDC Apostille & Legalization Services can assist Canadians in the USA via notarization of their original Canadian documents at the Embassy of Canada in Washington, DC. The notarization will be done by Canadian Consul acting in the legal capacity of a Canadian notary public.
How to Use Our Notarization Service at the Embassy of Canada in the USA
WDC Apostille & Legalization Services can speedily notarize your original Canadian documents at the Embassy of Canada in Washington, DC (making certified true copies). Originals will be returned back to you after showing to Canadian Consul. Please check out Our Service Fees.
It is super-easy to use our services if you follow the below suggested algorithm of actions:
- You contact us preferably by email explaining your document situation. If it is urgent, you can call us 24/7. Please provide as many details as possible about your documents but the key information we usually need is: 1) who issued them, 2) where you intend to use them in Canada, 3) how many you have, 4) how fast you need them back and 5) the destination the originals and certified true copies need to be sent to. If your shipment destination (after processing) is neither in the USA nor in Canada, then we would need the exact address including postal code so that we can give you exact courier quote.
- We will reply by email as well as fast as we can with our comments, suggestions, questions and/or confirmation with preliminary or final quote.
- You can then write us back with additional questions, comments or concerns. Or you may just be satisfied and ready to send your documents.
- At this stage we agree on the course of action and our services. You would make the payment, ship the documents and email us the tracking # so that we can start tracking your inbound shipment and provide you interim updates.
- We will complete your service request and ship the documents back to your agreed destination either in your attached prepaid envelope with filled out air waybill or in our envelope (but we would have to charge you extra for this service). If you prefer, we can scan the completed documents and email them to you prior outbound shipment so you would know that we did indeed do everything as previously discussed.
- After shipment is sent, we will email you the tracking # so that you can monitor the arrival.
Thus, prior sending documents to us, you are encouraged to get a quote based on your specific document situation or contact us if you have any questions. This is an important step as we can help you to ensure you did not miss any official embassy requirements.
We hope to hear from you soon!