Document Apostille and Embassy Legalization in the USA

We provide fast and efficient document services in Washington, DC!

U.S. Residency Certification (For Tax Purposes)

U.S. individuals or entities often need to obtain the letter of U.S. residency certification (Form 6166) from Internal Revenue Service (IRS). Such certificates are submitted to their foreign withholding tax agents or their company representatives in the foreign country for the following reasons:

WDC Apostille & Legalization Services helps U.S. and Canadian resident corporations and individuals to legalize quickly IRS and CRA Tax Residency Certificates

More information on Tax Treaties between U.S. and foreign countries can be found on U.S. Department of Treasury website via link or in IRS Publication 515 "Withholding of Tax on Nonresident Aliens and Foreign Entities" (commonly referred to as "Tax Treaty Tables") via link

Form 6166 is a computer-generated letter printed on the U.S. Department of Treasury letterhead with the facsimile signature of the Field Director, Philadelphia Accounts Management Center. To obtain Form 6166, one must fill out the Form 8802.

More information on this topic and instructions how to fill out Form 8802 can be found on IRS website via link

How to Use Our Services

Unfortunately, we cannot obtain IRS Tax Certificates on your behalf. However, we will be very happy to assist you with our U.S. Department of State authentication and consular legalization services in Washington, DC.

It is super-easy to use our services if you follow the below suggested algorithm of actions:

We hope to hear from you soon!

Services at Foreign Embassies, Consulates and Missions to the USA