For work or immigration purposes individuals are often asked to supply Medical Fitness Certificates. Foreign countries may have their pre-approved list of doctors in either USA or Canada that assess individual's health condition and issue such Certificates. In such cases, these Certificates may not need apostille or legalization. However, in majority of cases, foreign authorities may require Medical Certificates to be either apostilled or authenticated/legalized via the chain legalization process.
The choice of either apostille or legalization for the Medical Fitness Certificate is dependent, per the Hague Apostille Convention of 1961, on the status of both the country of issuance and the country of intended use. Canada is not a party to The Hague Apostille Convention while U.S. is. Please refer to this link for more details on the Hague Convention.
How to Use Our Services
Unfortunately, we cannot obtain Medical Fitness Certificates on your behalf. We also understand that Medical Fitness Certificates may contain your private and confidential medical information. Many of our domestic and international clients can attest to our strict confidentiality principles and professionalism in getting the job done with the highest service quality. Thus, we will be very happy to assist you with our U.S. Department of State authentication and consular legalization services in Washington, DC.
It is super-easy to use our services if you follow the below suggested algorithm of actions:
- You contact us preferably by email explaining your document situation. If it is urgent, you can call us 24/7. Please provide as many details as possible about your documents but the key information we usually need is: 1) who issued them, 2) where you intend to use them, 3) how many you have, 4) are they originals or notarized copies, 5) how fast you need them back and 6) the destination they need to be sent to. If your shipment destination (after processing) is neither in the USA nor in Canada, then we would need the exact address including postal code so that we can give you exact courier quote.
- We will reply by email as well as fast as we can with our comments, suggestions, questions and/or confirmation with preliminary or final quote.
- You can then write us back with additional questions, comments or concerns. Or you may just be satisfied and ready to send your documents.
- At this stage we agree on the course of action and our services. You would make the payment, ship the documents and email us the tracking # so that we can start tracking your inbound shipment and provide you interim updates.
- We will complete your service request and ship the documents back to your agreed destination either in your attached prepaid envelope with filled out air waybill or in our envelope (but we would have to charge you extra for this service). If you prefer, we can scan the completed documents and email them to you prior outbound shipment so you would know that we did indeed do everything as previously discussed.
- After shipment is sent, we will email you the tracking # so that you can monitor the arrival.
We hope to hear from you soon!